Wednesday 6 July 2011

Our first meeting

softly the tear fall un noticed
i caress the pen in my hand
my shield from this world
a slow sigh escapes
a gush of wind blows near my nape
a hushed whisper, an awkward smile
a distant touch across the aile
the rushing of people to destinations unknown
of laughter and sorrow left untold

where is the friend in this world that i seek
when does the light from this cloud of sadness peak?
am i to stay here alone forever
or will someone crossover my tears river
when will i have that person to hold
the one the fairy tales told?
when will lonliness say goodbye
at every turn, why does it drop in to say hi?
in the sea of faces, who do i find
who belongs to me, body and mind?
where do i go to find the peace
my heart is breaking piece by piece
why cant i stop, why doesnt this end
when will god be kind enough to send...

stars dim and the flowers shiver
as i wilter away in the sky's silver
the raindrops cant quench my thirst
where do i go where this doesnt hurt?

i hold my pen and my words are all that matter
i hear your lonliness in the inane chatter
as you howl with laughter, i hear your cry
while you run from person to person, i see your hearts shy
when you greet with confidence, i see your hands shake
when you beam a smile, i can see what it takes

you look across, our eyes meet
you look again, at my empty seat
you smile a smile i know so well
pitying me for being lonely and dwell..
i look at you and smile a smile you dont know yet
loneliness introduced us, thats how we met.

No comments: