Friday 2 September 2011

Coming undone

i cannot tie the threads
that have come undone
i cannot hold back the tears no more
that have swept all hope
i cannot hide behind a smile
when the cracks are there for everyone to see
i cannot try anymore
when the sand has slipped from my hands to the floor

i cannot give in
when i have nothing left to give
i cannot comfort you
when my heart itself is blue
i cannot stay away
when your arms are all i need
i cannot stay strong
when i know our souls meet

i cannot pretend or lie
when tears escape my eye
i cannot hide behind the mask
when even breathing becomes a task
i cannot run any longer
as my grip on reality is not stronger..
i cannot dream of us
when promises have become dust

and who do you thing you are?
walking in and out alone
when my hands are spread and i beg
when i kneel down and try to remind you all that you said
who do you think you are?
when you walk out that door
stranding me lonely away from the shore
where do i sail to, where do i go?
the storm is coming, there is hope, no more.


No comments: